If you keep searching for the magic pill or diet that will make you lose weight fast, let me stop you here and now. IT DOESN’T EXIST. Sure there are tons of programs and products out there that promise amazing quick results and they even have photos claiming to prove that their programs work. (I’m not saying every program that uses before and after photos are fraudulent, but it is hard to tell when they’re real, versus when they’re staged before and after photos).
Losing weight isn’t just about the perfect workout or the perfect diet you need to follow. You have to consider:
- Food preferences
- Nutritional knowledge
- Amount of sleep
- Stress levels
- Nutritional deficiencies
- The frequency of social events
- Injuries/ limitations
- Stamina/ endurance
Don’t feel hopeless though, despite the complexities of the factors that involve weight loss, you CAN lose weight.
Here are 10 tips to help you maneuver :
- Identify your eating patterns
- How many meals you eat per day?
- The time between your meals?
- Size of your meals?
- Hunger after meals?
2. Choose your workout
3. Extend your workout, outside the gym
- park further away, or choose the stairs
4. Stay Consistent
- Listen/watch workout motivational videos
- Make your workout an appointment in your schedule
- Recruit a workout partner or personal trainer (to keep you accountable)
5. Be patient
- It took time for you to gain weight, it’s going to take longer for you to lose weight, so be patient but don’t ease up on your work ethic
6. Weight loss is NOT a linear slope
7. Compounding results
- Just like compounding interest, consistent small changes in your lifestyle will yield BIG results. This works both ways; positive changes will yield greater weight loss and small negative changes will yield large weight gain.
8. Educate yourself
- There are tons of websites, blogs, and videos on the internet educating on weight loss so it can be overwhelming and confusing.
- Therefore, here are my recommended websites to educate yourself:
9. Build a community of support
- Hire a personal trainer
- Partner up with a workout buddy
- Get to know others who are passionate about working out
- Join a workout class
- Join a pick-up game league/sport
- Join an online community
- Facebook group
- Reddit community
10. Remeber your journey is a marathon, NOT a sprint
- Maintaining the weight you just loss requires you to continue healthy habits for the REST OF YOUR LIFE! (take a moment to soak that in)
- That is why AVOID crash diets or restrictive diets. Diets are not sustainable for years.
- DO adopt healthy habits you are willing to do every day for the rest of your life
- They may be challenging in the beginning, but we are fantastic at adapting so your changes will become a habit!
Good luck, fam! Until next time 🙂
Check out the latest FitnessToTheT video
1st video on my youtube page!
I’ll be sharing more on:
- Who I am
- My life as a trainer
- My outlook towards a happy fulfilling life
Dumbells bicep curls (3 sets; 10 reps; 15 lbs)
- Dumbells hammer curls (3 sets; 10 reps; 12.5 lbs)
- Dumbells rotating bicep curls (3 sets; 10 reps; 12.5 lbs)
- Barbell bicep curls, reverse grip (3 sets; 10 reps; 30 lbs)
- Dumbbell reverse fly (3 sets; 15 reps; 5 lbs)
- Resistance band front raises (3 sets; 15 reps; light resistance)
- Barbell overhead shoulder press (3 sets; 10 reps; 30 lbs)
- 5 sets x 60s Concept 2 rowing machine sprint